Whiny pork chops are marinated in wine. Yum.
Served with butternut squash and green herbed rice.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, 2 thinly sliced and 1 finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 4 pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 pound italian fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
Whisk together a 1/4 cup of your olive oil, wine, garlic and rosemary. Place chops in the marinade and add a bit of salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes. Preheat your grill or grill pan. Grill your pork chops, 7 minutes on one side, turn and finish after 3-4 minutes on the other side.
In a saucepan, bring your stock, the rice and 2/3 cup water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 18 minutes.
Using a food processor or chopper, mix the garlic, lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Add your baby spinach and parsley after the first ingredients are combined. Stir this mixture into your finished rice. I added just a touch more lemon juice at the end and then mixed in the cheese.